SOUNDTRACKS/SCORES, FILMS, BOOKS AND MORE!

My 10 Horror/Science Fiction Movie Quotes

Okay this was tough as I walked around my movies thinking of my favorites, if I did that we would be here for days.  So what I did was the first "10" I could think of must be my best, considering those were the first my brain had chosen. I wanted to thank Ellie @ "http://elliegarratt.blogspot.com" for helping make this all possible, she is a very cool person whom I only met maybe six months ago.
One with my show, thanks everyone!
Jeremy [iZombie]






Conan the Barbarian
Conan's Father: Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. [Points to sword] Conan's Father: This you can trust.

Beetlejuice
Betelgeuse: Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension
Buckaroo Banzai: Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
[Aragorn is crowned King] Aragorn: This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in the days of peace.

Nightbreed
Dr. Philip K. Decker: [smirking] Quite a dance huh? Death everywhere and you and me in the middle!

Poltergeist - Carol Anne: They're here.

Army of Darkness
[Upon getting the powered glove in place of his right hand] Ash: Groovy.

Highlander - [Saying his farewell to Rachel] Connor MacLeod: Hey, it's a kind of magic! 

Pet Sematary - Gage: No Fair! No Fair, No Fair!

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Kirk: Spock!
Spock: The ship... out of danger?
Kirk: Yes.
Spock: Don't grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh...
Kirk: ...the needs of the few...
Spock: ...Or the one. I never took the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?
Spock: I have been and always shall be your friend.
[Holds up his hand in the Vulcan salute]
Spock: Live long and prosper.

-Bonus-

The Devil's Advocate
Kevin Lomax: "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven", is that it?
John Milton: Why not? I'm here on the ground with my nose in it since the whole thing began. I've nurtured every sensation man's been inspired to have. I cared about what he wanted and I never judged him. Why? Because I never rejected him. In spite of all his imperfections, I'm a fan of man! I'm a humanist. Maybe the last humanist.

25 comments:

  1. Hey....I didn't know the Kobayashi Maru was in one of the original movies!!!!! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Poltergeist line is such a classic and it was ringing in my head when I compiled my list, but I decided not to go with it.
    You have some interesting choices here and a few from movies I've never heard of. Love the Beetlejuice line.
    My post will appear at 2 AM California time.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Buckeroo Bonzai!!!! but I couldn't remember any of my favorite quotes when I was signing up and coming up with quotes! and I almost chose that one from Wrath of Khan myself! Lol!!! nice quotes! Thanks to you and Ellie for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome list, Jeremy. And of course it included one of the most emotional scenes in film history - the death of Spock. I get teary at the thought of it.

    Thank you for co-hosting this one with me, it's been an absolute pleasure. You are an inspiration to us all!

    Top Ten Movie Quotes Blogfest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn! I totalyy forgot about the Buckaroo Bonzai quote!! An all-time favorite!!!! :)

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite the variety! "Groovy" was my second pick from Evil Dead II. Nightbreed had some good ones. Saw a Psych episode the other day where the characters referenced NightBreed, and I be most of the viewers had no idea what they were talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list. I didn't do so well on the horror side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great quotes - especially love that last one - and thanks for hosting the blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm jumping up and down cuz I like these.

    Go LOTR, and Devils Advocate and Trekki's and OMG I thougt no one but me remembers Highlander.

    Whoopie!!

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You came up with some good ones! I would add that any line from Army of Darkness was a classic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good list! I almost included that Spock/Kirk quote on my list, but opted for another Spock quote instead. Of course there's the always infamous: KHAAAAAAAAN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You found some classic quotes and few that you dragged in from left-field ;)Beetlejuice had a few contenders for my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was quoting something from Highlander just yesterday. Probably cause the Kurgan was in a show I was watching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! I totally forgot about Beetlejuice! Love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen all of these but there are some good quotes here. I used the Poltergeist one too, and my husband wanted me to use Evil Dead 2 but it's his favorite, not mine. :)

    Now my husband's looking over my shoulder and saying you know good movies (your tastes both match) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any list that starts with "the riddle of steel" rocks in my book!

    I ruled out another Conan quote because I was thinking science fiction, not fantasy.

    "Conan, what is best in life?"

    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women"

    Good list!

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list. I must admit I haven't ever seen Nightbreed, but I'll have to check it out. Thanks for co-hosting this blogfest! It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe I forgot Highlander! There's so much to love in that film. The quote you chose was great! Well done! I love the Conan The Barbarian, Beetlejuice and Wrath of Khan, too.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the Beetlejuice quote - I MUST watch that again! The others give a general wistful, thoughtful feel. Middle Earth, not giants but men... and poor old Spock. Aw bless!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great list, great movies. I forgot Poltergeist.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Poltergeist one is such a classic. And I almost had Pet Cemetery on mine, but I was going to go with "I want to play with Mommy..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Spock: I have been and always shall be your friend.

    that is so cool! I didn't remember he said this in Wrath of Khan - so cool! (it was one of several repeated quotes in Star Trek 2009)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great quotes. Buckaroo Bonzai is an awesome film. Love the ones from LOTR, Nightbreed and Army of Darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That Spock quote is even better in context. I still remember him adjusting his tunic as he dragged himself upright. The vision of dignity.

    ReplyDelete

[Retro] Love the Comments, not so much the Spam... so I have enough man-pills, fake gold watches and link-back options that I need. Thank you!

No More Anonymous Monkeys to much of the above mentioned, sorry sometimes I get some nice things.